- IRI: http://purl.obolibrary.org/obo/bco.owl
- OBO Foundry: Library
- Download: http://purl.obolibrary.org/obo/bco.owl
- Home: https://github.com/tucotuco/bco
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Help: BCO list
- Description: An ontology to support the interoperability of biodiversity data, including data on museum collections, environmental/metagenomic samples, and ecological surveys.
- comment: This is the editor's version of the ontology. Use with caution. For the live version of the ontology, use http://purl.obolibrary.org/obo/bco.owl. The Biological Collections Ontology was originally created at the Biocode Commons Hackathon at GSC14. Older versions can be viewed at http://code.google.com/p/biocode-commons/source/browse/#svn%2Ftrunk%2Fontologies%2Fbiocollections. Some of the classes in this ontology may be replaced by existing or newly requested terms from OBI or other ontologies.
- contributor: Barry Smith, Biocode Commons Ontology Hackathon members, John Deck, John Wieczorek, Ramona Walls, Robert Guralnick
- description: The BCO supports the interoperability of biodiversity and biodiversity related data, including data on museum collections, environmental/metagenomic samples, and ecological surveys. A key aspect of the BCO is distinguishing among material samples (i.e. specimens), observing processes, and data about either of those entities.
- title: The Biological Collections Ontology
- versionIRI: http://purl.obolibrary.org/obo/bco/releases/2021-11-14/bco.owl
- versionInfo: 2021-11-14
- license: http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/
Number of Terms (including imported terms) (Detailed Statistics)
Top level terms and selected core terms
Number of SPARQL queries:8